18 November 2005

Brief Update from Cameroon

So it has been a while since my last post, and rightfully so. I am currently in Yaounde, Cameroon for the 4th Multilateral Initiative on Malaria (MIM) conference, which started Nov 13 and ends today. To make a long story short (I will fill in more details later) I spent basically the week and a half before this correcting previously arranged travel arrangements for the conference. What a pain in the ass that was. Then, there was the pain of the travel itself: 53 hours of travel, layovers, and connecting flights, a day in Casablanca (!!), airport jail in Cameroon, and finally arriving at the conference with no record of my registration!! Despite all of this, I have learned a lot and have made some rather valuable contacts, and the more and more that I think and work in this field, the more and more I would like to do this as a career.

So, I head back to the states on Saturday evening to begin a week of fun and clean-up in Louisiana. It will be a good visit, as I have recently found out that some really good friends of mine will be there, and I can at least get some New Orleans culture while I am there. I plan on updating this blog a lot while I am there, so please keep checking it out.

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home