18 September 2005

Life is what happens. . . .

All-

So, recall in my last post that I had these plans to write a shitload of stuff into my blog, go the the pool, shop, etc.? Well, I think the old saying is correct which says: "Life is what is happening when you make other plans." Whether it was the long night partying on Friday (until 6:00 am) or destiny, I woke up with a fever, body ache, and general malaise. I somehow walked home from my friends house I crashed in, feeling like death. Go figure: I am in Africa, where diseases that have never existed in the U.S. or haven't existed for years, and what is the first disease I get: a common cold. The Peace Corps volunteers and other expats I have met have said that the colds here knock you on your ass for days. I am experiencing that now. There is a small chance that I have malaria, and I will get that checked out tomorrow.

So in the meantime, I feel a little better than yesterday, but still not 100%. I will try to at least post some more meaningful, heartfelt, gritty, no-holds-barred posts in the next few days, before I return to Gone-Gougou for work.

In the meantime,

Be good,

Craiger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home