23 December 2005

Christmas in Mali

So, this morning, we are heading out to Siby, a popular ex-pat place to go camping. It looks to be a good weekend of drinking beer, hiking around, and exploring some waterfalls. We plan to return Sunday afternoon and explore the Ex-Pat Christmas party deal. It looks to be interesting. I will post some pix once I get back.

Just wanted to wish you and yours a Happy Holidays. This will be a weird Christmas, as it will be my first EVER away from home, but all is good.

And lastly, the Top 5 reasons why Christmas in (a hot, Muslim country like) Mali Rules:

1) Presents, what presents.
2) Not having to shovel 2 feet of snow off of your driveway.
3) No annoying Christmas Muzak.
4) Not having to talk to every single relative in your entire extended family.
5) No Christmas commercials that start at Thanksgiving.

Peace and Joy in this Holiday Season,

Craiger

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

So this is crazy...you emailed me a few months ago but we didnt really keep in touch. I've lost your email address, actually. Then we met at the Christmas party last night and I didnt make the connection that you are you until just now. Weird, huh? Such a small world. Or a small Americans-in-Mali poplulation, anyway. I'll be back in Bamako and able to check email next week. Hope you had a good Christmas, Craig!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home